So yesterday I posted about some good things that happened to me personally in 2016, but here are some other good things that happened.
- Giant Pandas are no longer endangered! They’ve been downgraded to ‘vulnurable’ and still need help and protection, but it’s a huge step in the right direction. Tiger numbers are on the rise. The same can be said for leopards and rhinos and manatees.
- There is now an area larger than the size of Spain of the Amazon that is protected from deforestation.
- Sri Lanka, one of the most malaria affected countries, has been declared malaria free and hasn’t recorded a case transmitted in the country in three and a half years.
- Costa Rica was powered by nothing but renewable energy for over 100 days. This is an amazing step forward in helping prevent damage our environment any more and shows that renewable energy sources is a possible future option.
- India planted 50 million trees in 24 hours.
- This man lived for more than a year without a heart, and this guy lived without 90% of his brain, leading to incredible breakthroughs and research in medicine.
You can find loads more lists and posts on the internet of all the good stuff to come out of 2016, but these were just some of the ones I found most interesting.
We lost a lot of amazing celebrities this year, and a lot of innocent people to terrorist/politically motivated attacks. It wasn’t a good year for politics on either side of the pond, but I hope that you all came out of it with the attitude to kick ass in 2017! Please let me know if you know of any other positive outcomes of last year!